How often do you think of your hot water heater? Chances are, unless you have recently undergone repairs or maintenance, you barely consider your hot water heater at all. However, if you have had your hot water heater for over 10 years, now is the time to replace the entire system. Your family will thank you, your wallet will thank you, and you’ll enjoy more hot water each day. Before this holiday season, give your home an early gift. Schedule a water heater replacement or new installation with the team at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Little Rock.
Five Reasons to Replace Your Hot Water Heater
Before the holiday season comes into full swing, with friends and family visiting your home for parties and events, be sure your hot water heater can withstand the ordeal. Here are some signs that you need to replace your hot water heater now, not later.
- Temperature – If your hot water heater is unable to remain at a consistent temperature, then your guests and your family are in for a bad time. Either someone adjusted the thermostat incorrectly or your hot water heater is too small to provide enough hot water.
- Rusty Water – As your water heater ages, the tank will begin to rust and corrode. Then, you may notice rust in your water. A rusting tank is both dangerous and costly if left unattended for too long.
- Noises – Any significant noises from your hot water heater, including gurgling and rumbling, is a sign of extensive sediment buildup in the water heater tank. An old system is also a sure cause of noises.
- Leaks – A leaking hot water heater is never a good sign. If you have a significant leak around the tank itself, then either rust or corrosion is beginning to eat the tank away. You cannot simply repair a corroded tank. It will be structurally weak. It must be replaced.
- Efficiency – Every homeowner wants an efficient household. Over time, your hot water heater will endure low efficiency from age, leaks, and other common issues. To increase efficiency and save yourself money, you’ll want to schedule water heater replacement immediately.
Upon noticing the signs of a failing hot water heater, you’ll want to schedule a professional water heater replacement. Everyone uses hot water almost daily. Even during the summer, you use hot water to clean and cook. Without hot water during the holiday season, when the region is at its coldest, your family may experience discomfort and lowered efficiency. The benefits of professional installation are quite clear. You’ll enjoy higher efficiency, lower monthly costs, and a working water heater. It is a cost-effective approach to an aging system.
For professional water heater replacement before the holiday season, contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Little Rock by calling 501-207-0818. We will send a plumbing technician straight to your home for prompt repairs, installation, replacement, or maintenance. We are the plumbing company to provide year-round service!